Advertising a Space on Park On My Drive
Right now, you’re thinking ‘hold on a minute, can I really make some much needed extra money in this fiscally turbulent period I find myself in by renting out my own driveway?’
Thanks to Park On My Drive, the answer is a resounding YES!
The registration process is easy, simple and free, although it’s worth noting that if you want to register two spaces, even though they may be on the same driveway, you’ll have to register twice.
- Once you’ve registered, you’ll be directed to your dedicated Calendar page, the cost of which is an annual charge of £15.00 for hosting your calendar and THESE ARE THE ONLY CHARGES WE MAKE. There is NO COMMISSION levied on what you charge to rent out your parking space. Whatever you make is yours, and you will not be invoiced the £15.00 charge until your first booking has been made.
- The Calendar is a standard 12-month view and you will quickly and easily be able to enter both the times and dates your particular space is available via your "My Page", and the charges you wish to levy.
- There are two description boxes. The first is for describing what you are local to, for example ‘three minutes walk from Wembley Stadium’ or ‘a six minute coastal walk from the beach’, and the second box is to describe your parking space, for example ‘gated, paved driveway’ or ‘enclosed garage’.
- When a motorist decides that your space is ideal for them, they will go through the booking process and you will be sent an email letting you know that someone wants your space on a particular day for a specified amount of time.
- If all is well, you will accept the booking, take payment (as described in the Example Booking page) and send your full address,
Hints & Tips
- In terms of charging for your space, it’s dependent on a number of factors. How secure it is – gated, garaged etc. – the proximity to places of interest – an open driveway 15 minutes walk from Barnet Football Club will be charged less than an enclosed garage three minutes walk from Oxford Circus, for example. As you use the site more and more, you will get a general feel for market rates and price accordingly.
- It’s worth checking with your insurance company regarding the legalities of both renting out your space, and what happens if a person or a falling tree or fence accidentally damages the car, or the car leaves an oil spill for example.
- Park On My Drive suggests you read and understand the Finding A Space page of the website so you know what is required and suggested of them.
For more information, please Contact Us today.